On 27th April 1932, Reverend Hardingham, Rector of St Peter's Church, chaired a meeting attended by 22 people. As a result of the meeting Wenhaston Bowls Club was formed and a commitee elected, chaired by Rev. Hardingham. A site on the vicarage paddock became the Green.
Later a new site became necessary and after much hard work fundraising and the acquisition of grants, land was bougth near Wenhaston Playingfield. In 1998 a County Standard Green was laid there and a pavilion built. The Club is affiliated to the Suffolk County Bowls Association and the English Bowls Association. It is asked to host various Inter-League, County and Ladies events.
Contact: Elaine Peck; 01986 874331